Friday 24 February 2012

MY ATLANTA ADVENTURES 6 – JOHN LEGEND SPEAKS AT GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY

After all the excitement of meeting Monica Pearson, it was over to meet John Legend who was appearing at the Georgia State University.  Before the event, I had the opportunity to meet John backstage where I reminded him that I was one of the emcees for his concert in Ghana.  Although he said he remembered me, I somehow doubt it.  Unfortuately, his manager would not allow any photos to be taken so John said to me “Come back after and I will take a photo with you.’  But as much as I love John Legend, I still had two other events to attend on that day so did not go back.  I must say, although I did not stay for all his talk, John legend is an inspiration speaker and great performer.  However, I think he needs to take a lesson from the likes of my good friend Nicole Ari Parker who no matter what, always has time to take pictures or stop for a chat with people who approach her.  Although it was not his fault and he did ask me to come later, I was disappointed in John Legend’s response to my request in taking a photo with him.  As someone who is also in the public eye, I have learnt to show love to my fans…a lesson John obviously still needs to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment