Tuesday 8 November 2011

Hanging with the stars @ GUBA awards 2011

Just after 4.30pm on Sunday 6th November, I found myself outside the Riverside Royal Park Plaza Hotel where in just a few hours I would be doing the red carpet interviews for GUBA awards.  For those of you who don’t know GUBA awards stands for Ghanaian UK Based Achievement Awards.  After meeting up with Denta and her crew of organizers I changed out of my sexy black dress specially made for me by Love and Be Loved (watch out for this designer) into a classy long dress.  Then it was off to take my position in the VIP room to interview all the nominees and VIPs.  I interviewed so many people; I can’t even remember who was the first I spoke to.  But I do remember interviewing Sway who told me ‘Top Boy’ was not glorifying gang violence but rather saying it as it is!  I had brief chats with Asamoah Gyan, who went on to win the Sports Personality of the year later that night.  I also interviewed other footballers such as Anton Ferdinand, Emmanuel Frimpong and John Pantsil.  It truly was a night of glamour and glitz which saw me interviewing renowned actors such as Hugh Quarshie and others from Holby City.  Ghanaian actress Nadia Buria also passed by to show her support for Guba.  As you can guess a whole heap of Ghanaian / UK stars were in the house.  For example DJ Abrantie, KKD, Kwami Safi-Kyai and Lord Boateng to name a few.  If I said I would mention all the VIPs and stars that attended GUBA 2011, this blog would be very long.  So all I will do is post some pictures.  Enjoy on the facebook link below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment